Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Chads n Dimples

The last few days have been pretty hectic around here, but I did manage to stand up my Electoral College website.

It started out as a place family and friends could go to get information -- kids with homework assignments and like that. It's still pretty much that way, although I've surprised myself with the amount of information I've collected.

So why visit my site on the Electoral College? Hmmmmm. Because I predict the results for 2004.

In fact, I am so good at predicting results that I correctly called the 2000 election -- right down to the debacle in Florida. I predicted the vote would be close enough to kick in Florida's recount law and that chads would hang, ballots would dimple, that W would win and Gore would sue.

I remember Halloween of 2000 sitting at my computer. I remember what it was like to be doubted by pundits and pollsters, and have the governor of Florida telling the American people that I couldn't know; the chads would not hang, the ballots would not dimple. I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me . . .

Oh well. Never mind.

No comments: