Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas!

Off to the swamps!

It's been 16 years (where does time go?) since I last spent Christmas with my mother and I'm excited.

I can hardly wait to see the Christmas tree and the little church with that magical music box inside that you can wind up and it'll play "Silent Night" . . . for at least 75 years it's been doing that. Definitely not made in China.

Lil Sis, I know how it is. You'll be missed if you can't get through the snow and ice. Don't take any chances. I'll eat your share of Christmas turkey & dressing and peas & corn ... and, yes, the sweet potatoes in orange half-shells, sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with melted marshmallows. So don't worry -- it won't go to waste.

Santa Claus, I know you're reading so take note. I will be in the swamps.

Oh yeah, despite what those sniveling, whiny little elves may have told you, I've been nice. Don't make me come find you, old man.

No comments: