Saturday, January 22, 2005

Brian Lamb: Questions and Answers

Brian Lamb, founder & CEO of C-SPAN, is one of my heroes.

His name is one of the first that comes to mind (besides, of course, Peggy Noonan and Ann Coulter and Stevie Nicks -- yeah, I know that is quite a leap, but my mind works funny) to the question: Who would you like to spend a day with?

He hosted one of my all-time favorite TV programs, Booknotes, for 15 years. I hollered in disbelief when I read that he had decided to put Booknotes to bed. My only solace is that there are 15 years worth of interviews archived on the Booknotes website. Don't ask me how many times I've watched him interview Shelby Foote.

But he has another program now and it is gooooooooood.

Q&A made its debut on December 12th with the slogan: Interesting People. Informative Conversations.

Very.

I really enjoyed the Q&A with new NBC anchor Brian Williams. What a good guy! .. although he remains clueless when it comes to the impact of the internet and blogosphere on the 22-minute nightly news. He just doesn't get it. But what a good guy! I mean it. Brian Williams should be with Fox!

Speaking of Fox, Lamb interviewed Roger Ailes. It is a must see.

Did you notice, by the way, that CNN's viewership for the Inauguration dropped by 63% from 2001. Fox News was up 57%.

Anyway, Brian Lamb's Q&A is a delight. If you're not watching, you should.

No comments: