Monday, August 01, 2005

Monk: Jimmy Carter Disgraceful

In response to Carter: Guantanamo Detentions Disgraceful.

By MERRY MAD MONK
Lower Alabama News Department
Monday, August 1, 2005; 12:32 PM

LOWER ALABAMA -- Monk said today that former President Jimmy Carter is an embarrassment and gives extremists an excuse to attack the United States.

Monk also criticized Carter's criticism of the United States as "unnecessary and unjust."

"I think Jimmy "Peanut" Carter is a disgrace to the U.S.A.," he told anyone who would listen. "I wouldn't say he's the cause of terrorism, but he has given impetus and excuses to potential terrorists to lash out at our country and justify their despicable acts."

Monk said, however, that terrorist acts could not be justified, and that while Jimmy Carter "may be an aggravating factor ... he's not the basis of terrorism."

Jimmy Carter has long accused the U.S. government of unjustly detaining terror suspects at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base on the southeastern tip of Cuba. Hundreds of terrorists have been held indefinitely at the prison and have not been able to kill more Americans.

"What Jimmy Carter thinks about Guantanamo Bay does not represent the views of the American people," Monk said. "I'm embarrassed about him, I think he's wrong. I think he does give terrorists an unwarranted excuse to use the despicable means to hurt innocent people."

Earlier this month, Monk called for Jimmy Carter to shut up, saying he was an embarassment to the United States. He also said that the United States needs to make sure Jimmy Carter stays on his peanut farm in Georgia.

Carter, who won the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize, has been an embarrassment to the United States for years.

"I thought then, and I think now, that Peanut's criticism of the United States was unnecessary and unjust. And I think the premises on which it was launched were false," Monk said.

5 comments:

susanna in alabama said...

I have ranted about Jimmy Carter for decades. He makes me nuts. It makes me extra nuts that anyone thinks he's a) humble b) sane. He's neither. He's as big a ball of arrogance as ever Bill Clinton was, and at least Clinton hasn't ever been self-righteous. Jimmy Carter's photo is right there in the dictionary beside "sanctimonious prig". His embracing of Castro is nothing short of scandalous. And I could go on (I *have* gone on, on my blog, many times).

Not that I get exercised about it.

Housewife said...

I'm with susann up there. Now I'm going to go and check out her blog.

MerryMadMonk said...

You'll like. She's great.

Stacy said...

More than a coincedence that this farm farmed nuts. (I know, I know, peanuts are legumes) This was a great piece. I'm 36, I remember Carter somewhat. He had no strength in his stance or his speech. My parents were thrilled with a southern Christian man, but by '80 they supported Reagan.

Oh, and, thank you Mr. President.

Stacy said...

There was suppose to be 'man' not 'farm' in that first sentence. It's late, I'm tired. I'll quit typing now.