Thursday, May 18, 2006

Buying It On Basil Time

Now young guns, pay attention to this advice that basil is giving away for free [I'd charge ya for it]:

Recently, mentioned that I got a PDA. And, no, the Wife wasn't happy with it. But, with a change in duties at work, I'm having to attend a lot more meetings, and a PDA comes in handy. What with the ability to synchronize with my calendar at work, and transferring documents that I can take with me as needed, and such. Still, the Wife wasn't happy with it. And I knew she wouldn't be happy with it. But I got it anyway.

Also, recently, I got a TiVo. And again, the Wife wasn't happy with it. But I knew she wouldn't be happy with it. Still, I got it anyway.

So, the question is, why would a guy go and buy something he knows he's gonna catch hell about?

Simple. I'm a guy. And that's what guys do.

The trick is knowing that you're going to catch hell about it … and timing things to minimize the effect.

Read on



Just make sure she doesn't read on.

No comments: